Saturday, July 2, 2011

Mosiah 14







Mosiah 14:10-12

 10Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.
 11He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.
 12Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.



Written 700 years before Christ was born, this prophecy gives us such incredible insight into His character, his heart, and his earthly purpose--even more profound, I think, it gives us insight into who we are in God's eyes. It says, in verse 11, "He [Christ] shall see the travail of his soul, and be satisfied". Imagine that! That Jesus would look at you, the travail(very hard work) of His soul, after having endured immeasurable suffering on the cross, the abandonment of His father, God, and the torturous shame of dying a criminal's death, and, as it says in Isaiah 30:11, be satisfied! 

I was once given a vision of heaven in which, after observing Christ's deeply scarred face, and running my finger along the holes in his hands, I asked innocently, "Did it hurt?" 

After which, He looked at me, and then looked around at the paradise in which we were standing together at long last, and replied with an honest smirk, "It was worth it".

Needless to say, I was completely broken before the indescribable power of His love for me. I sat in awe; crying or laughing (or doing some strange mixture of the two) for hours; simply amazed and undone at the fact that anyone would ever give that much for me.

But, God's Word says in Hebrews 12, 'For The joy that was set before Him, He endured the cross'. What love Christ must have for you to be able to say, with joy, that in the face of betrayal, torture, death, and hell, He would submit himself willingly, so that you could share in His divine inheritance! I guess I can't speak for you, but it makes my simple profession of allegiance seem like a small offering in light of what He has given for me.

But, 'the strong' that are mentioned in verse 12 will persevere, working out our faith while gripped with the hope of our Savior's promised inheritance, and, covered by the intercession of Christ himself, will stand before God the Father, the Creator of Heaven and earth, justified, beloved, and pure.

No comments:

Post a Comment