Thursday, June 30, 2011

Wisdom in action!



I used to think that life was hills and valleys - you go through a dark time, then you go to the mountaintop, back and forth. I don't believe that anymore. Rather than life being hills and valleys, I believe that it's kind of like two rails on a railroad track, and at all times you have something good
and something bad in your life.

No matter how good things are in your life, there is always something bad that needs to be worked on.
Just like no matter how bad things are in your life, there is always something good you can thank God for. You can focus on your purposes, or you can focus on your problems. If you focus on your problems, you're going into self-centeredness, which is, "my problem, my issues, my pain." But one of the easiest ways to get rid of pain is to get your focus off yourself and onto God and others. You have to learn to deal with both the good and the bad of life. Actually, sometimes learning to deal with the good is harder. We need to ask ourselves: Am I going to live for possessions? Popularity? Am I going to be driven by pressures? Guilt? Bitterness? Materialism? Or am I going to be driven by God's purposes for my life?

When I get up in the morning, I sit on the side of my bed and say, "God, if I don't get anything else done today, I want to know you more and love you better." God didn't put me on earth just to fulfill a to-do list. He's more interested in what I am than what I do. That's why we're called human
beings, not human doings. 


Happy moments, PRAISE GOD. 
Difficult moments, SEEK GOD. 
Quiet moments,WORSHIP GOD. 
Painful moments, TRUST GOD. 
Every moment, THANK GOD.

This is so true, So many of us are always concentrating on stuff and or getting more stuff. Focused on fulfilling our needs we forget that there are others around us who are hurting, who need our help and prayers. We forget our true purpose in life is to serve Him. Look around your life and see who's life you can change with just encouragement and prayer. They have endless possibilities. In Matthew 19:26 Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."


There is Peace in His Presence, Hope in His Promises, and Unspeakable Joy in His Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment